Pallets are responsible for the safe shipping and delivery of goods. To improve the shipment process, you should get high-quality pallets. Usually, businesses use wooden pallets to enhance the safety and quality of their shipments. Lately, businesses have been preferring heat-treated pallets. Why is this so? How are heat-treated wood pallets different from regular pallets?
Why Is Heat Treatment Essential For Wood Pallets?
Wooden pallet manufacturing uses organic material derived from trees. The wood from trees has not only the strength of the trees but also the pests that come along with them. These pests usually inhabit the wood. They are not always visible to the naked eye until the larva turns into an insect. You can unknowingly transport the pests (infested in wood) from one place to another, and therefore many governments have taken measures to put a stop to the use of organic wood. According to environmentalists, infested wood pallets can become a problem and cause the spread of pests from one place to other places or regions. The manufacturers of wood pallets now have to ensure heat treatment to organic wood in order to kill all the pests and microorganisms inhabiting the wood!
What Does Heat Treatment Involve?
Heat treatment involves a phytosanitary process. In the heat treatment process, wood containers (crates, pallets, boxes) are kept at a high temperature of 140 to 150 degrees. The technicians provide this temperature for 30 to 45 minutes. This ensures that all the pests, insects, and microorganisms inhabiting the pallets/containers get killed. After the heat treatment, you can use the wood pallets for shipments, storing, and the safety of various goods.
How Can You Ensure The Quality Of Heat-Treated Wooden Pallets?
Professional technicians take a few crucial steps to ensure the quality of heat-treated wooden pallets. These steps are based on the standardization laid out by the government and regulatory bodies. Here are the steps…
- Visual Inspection: During visual inspection, the technicians will check for the presence of tree bark or other materials.
- Treatment Process: While providing heat to the pallets, the kiln is checked multiple times. The temperature must be accurate. It should be nothing more or less than specified by the regulatory bodies. Moreover, all the pallets should get uniform heat.
- Second Inspection: With proper heat treatment, you are putting pressure on the pallets. Can pallets tolerate a load or not? If the pallet develops cracks and/or marks, professionals reject it.
- Inspection for Branding and Shipment: In this step, professionals will verify whether the pallets have received brand marks or not. Without brand marks, the clients and customers cannot find them to be authentic.
- Verification and Certification: It is required to have proper certification marks on the pallets. This will provide authentication of the quality of the pallets.
Are you in search of the best wooden pallets for your business? If yes, you can get the highest quality wooden pallets at affordable rates. Pallet Resource Corp. of Blaine, Minnesota, offers wooden pallets, recycling services, and more; Please call 763-792-2882 for more information.